Thursday, November 21, 2013

SharePoint 2013 Search: BCS Crawl Error - Server Too Busy Exception

I recently was attempting to crawl external data using BCS. I started to receive errors in the crawl log:


Error while crawling LOB contents. ( Error caused by exception: System.ServiceModel.ServerTooBusyException An error occurred. Administrators, see the server log for more information. )

Server too busy? I knew my servers weren't pegged. Tracing the errors in the ULS logs, I found the following:

The BDC Service application Business Data Connectivity Service is not accessible. The full exception text is: The HTTP service located at http://SSRSServer:32843/c2f2c958afc44ef0a9058500c319a619/BdcService.svc/http is unavailable.

What had happened was I was actually moving the BCS Service around to different servers. I had it running on my search servers but wanted to see if I could relieve resource usage if I moved BCS to a different tier. I moved them to our SSRS servers, did some testing, but then decided to move the BCS Services back to the search servers.

The error in the ULS logs showed me that the crawl was still trying to access BCS on the SSRS Servers. A quick reboot of my search servers (running all search components except query and index so search doesn't go down) and the crawl of the BCS content continued working as normal!



 

1 comment:

  1. You don't have to restart the whole server, just restart "Search Service" from services.msc and you should be good.

    ReplyDelete

Matched Content