Thursday, November 21, 2013

InfoPath 2013: Misconfiguration of the State Service

In testing InfoPath forms in my new SharePoint 2013 staging environment, I received a blank screen with only error text:


The form cannot be rendered. This may be due to a misconfiguration of the Microsoft SharePoint Server State Service.

Misconfiguration? I didn't even have the service running. Since it was a staging environment, I usually just configure and install components as needed. I needed the State Service installed.

I found simple PowerShell commands to create the State Service here. Once you run the commands with your specific parameters, you receive the following output:



This matched to what the post showed so I knew I was good.

In Central Admin under Manage Service Applications, the State Service entry should now be shown with the Started state:



Once this happens, InfoPath Forms Services is able to render forms!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Matched Content